DO I NEED THERAPY FOR MY ANXIETY?
This is a question every client asks before coming to therapy.
The simple answer may be:
When you can no longer tolerate physical and psychological symptoms of your Anxiety, it’s time to seek help.
But it’s very useful (and even important) to ask yourself:
1. What would be different if my Anxiety wasn’t an issue?
2. Who would I be, what would I do, what could I achieve (personally & professionally) if I had my Anxiety under control?
3. How is my Anxiety holding me back? (Not asking for work promotions, not asking the person you like out etc);
4. How many times did I escape or avoid important situations because of my Anxiety? (Not delivering work presentations etc);
5. Where would I be, financially and socially, if I had Anxiety under control? Put down numbers; let’s say you didn’t ask for that work promotion- how much did that cost you?
6. How would my life be different if I didn’t suffer from crushing PHYSICAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL symptoms of Anxiety?
Don’t just think about it- write it down. It’s time to LOOK AT REAL COSTS OF YOUR ANXIETY.