DO I NEED THERAPY FOR MY ANXIETY?
This is a question every client asks before coming to therapy.
The simple answer may be:
When you can no longer tolerate physical and psychological symptoms of your Anxiety, it’s time to seek help.
But it’s very useful (and even important) to ask yourself:
1. What would be different if my Anxiety wasn’t an issue?
2. Who would I be, what would I do, what could I achieve (personally & professionally) if I had my Anxiety under control?
3. How is my Anxiety holding me back? (Not asking for work promotions, not asking the person you like out etc);
4. How many times did I escape or avoid important situations because of my Anxiety? (Not delivering work presentations etc);
5. Where would I be, financially and socially, if I had Anxiety under control? Put down numbers; let’s say you didn’t ask for that work promotion- how much did that cost you?
6. How would my life be different if I didn’t suffer from crushing PHYSICAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL symptoms of Anxiety?
Don’t just think about it- write it down. It’s time to LOOK AT REAL COSTS OF YOUR ANXIETY.
If you find your answers to these questions would bring profound benefits to your life, it’s time to book your Complimentary Consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org